Group packages for Goa
Goa is one of the hottest beach destinations of India and is visited by travellers from all across the globe. It has a pleasant weather that is mild and suitable for visitors almost throughout the entire year. Goa presents a medley of colours and culture and has a weather that is pleasant almost throughout the year. After remaining under the Portuguese rule for about 450 years, Goa still carries a rich legacy of Portuguese cuisine and culture, art and architecture.
Goa has some extraordinarily beautiful beaches that are included in all group packages for Goa. Arambol Beach that is located about 36 km from Panaji is a peaceful beach that does not see much commercial activity and is famous for its market selling some interesting and unique merchandise. There is also the famous Morjim Beach which is popular for hosting trance parties and its nesting ground for Olive Ridley sea turtles. There are other famous beaches such as Querim Beach, Anjuna Beach, Calangute Beach and Baga Beach and many more that are famous for pristine natural beauty and beach parties. Most group packages for Goa are arranged for tourists to enjoy beaches and water sports. The hotel and resort owners and tour operators provide water sport facilities and equipment. While choosing the group packages, make sure you ask about the best deals in water sports and facilities that would be included in the package.
People those are interested in the local festivals and culture of this tiny state should opt for visiting Goa during its “Liberation Day” celebration, which is held on December 19th, in the honour of December 19th, 1987 when Goa gained the status of federally administrated territory. This day is also celebrated as the state holiday and the celebration is fascinating to watch.
Goa mesmerizes its tourists with fascinating natural beauty. Among the most popular tourist attractions are Dudhsagar Waterfall which is the fifth highest waterfall in India and is a famous destination for tourists. Dudhsagar Falls lure nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts with its milky white water flowing down from Collem hamlet and the soothing greenery that surrounds the waterfall.
There are Group Packages designed for visiting the Spice Plantations on elephant safari and there can special packages designed for visiting the Spice village tour in Goa. During the months of Augusta and September special packages are designed that calls for trekking at Rajnagar where you can enjoy the beauty of wild flowers and feel the fitful flying pretty butterflies.
Goa group packages can also be tailored keeping in mind the enjoyment of the famous Goan nightlife and beaches. Goa can also be a shoppers’ paradise his has a lot for adventure in store for shopaholics. The flea markets such as Mapusa Market on Anjuna beach, the Calangute market Square area, Panjim Market, or the Baga Beach market. Most of these markets are very old and some of these flea markets are seasonal. You can get very good deal and good bargains on handicrafts and junk jewellery, clothes, fashion accessories and various types of mementos and knick-knacks. Panjim Market is also famous for furniture and also for Persian rugs and carpets.
So apart from relaxation and enjoyment Goa can be an informative sojourn taking you back to the glorious past of rich history.
- You will be provided timely breakfast and prompt and hassle-free checkin and checkout from the hotel.
- You shall also be assisted and transferred from airport or station to the hotel and back.
- All itineraries included in the group tours shall be arranged and coordinated by our tour representative.
- You will be shifted to your pre-booked hotel promptly on your arrival.
- The package would be tailored with an equal mix of fun, pleasure, guided tours, adventure activities, relaxation, nature viewing, food and peaceful stay.
Important tourist attractions generally included in Group Tour Packages Goa
Aguada Fort, constructed in 1613, was aimed at protecting this small state from the attacks of Marathas and Dutch. The fort overlooks a white foamy churning sea, the waves break against the black rocks are create a contrast of black and white. The fort has been well maintained and stands a proud example of the Portuguese architectural magnificence.
Old Goa sightseeing comprise major tourist attractions such as
- Basilica Bom Jesus which contains the remains of the great St. Francis Xavier, a philosopher and preacher who is regarded as the patron saint
- Church and Convent of Francis of Assisi that was built in 1521 by the Portuguese and is a glorious heritage of Portuguese architecture
- Church of Saint Cajetan is a Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Goa and is located in South Goa.
- Church of Saint Monica is a 450 year old laterite church which has three-stories. The construction was started in 1606 and was completed in 1627 and is situated opposite to the Augustine church.
- Museum of Christian Art exhibits a brilliant collection of Rosaries and other items made of gold and precious stones
- Solar Souto Maior was built way back in 1585 and has been restored and renovated to safeguard the precious artefacts
- Foutanhas is an old Latin division located in Panjim and carries the old world charm of Portuguese settlement that is evident mainly through the architecture and the narrow an picturesque streets of as is found in Europe. The buildings have projecting balconies that are coloured in the traditional hues of yellow, green and blue with roofs made of red coloured tiles.
- Mangueshi Temple dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva
- Shanta Durga Temple was built in 1730 and was initially made of laterite mud. It was renovated in 1966. The main deity of the temple is Goddess Shantadurga.
- Baga Beach with its picturesque setting
- Colva Beach with wide stretch of white sands
- Panjim is a bustling and busy capital city full of eager tourists and enthusiastic shoppers scouting for items to buy. It is also popular for the various types of food joints catering to all types of food enthusiasts. Various sites suggest some popular food paradise for the lovers of eaters such as:
- Goan Cuisine from the Mandovi Hotel
- Continental from The Vinete
- Indian cuisine from Delhi Darbar
- Chinese and oriental from Goan Chin
- Ourem 88 for quality exotic food and grand ambience
- Sea Breeze for a view of the open seas and cool breeze along with Indian, Seafood and all other options
Some other major tourist attractions that are included in Goa Group packages are Margao, which is the headquarters of the district of South Goa. Margaon is a commercial and industrial centre and has the colonial quarter Largo De lgreja which is a historical church square. The old buildings of Margaon are replete in their own charm and Margaon has the Church of Holy Spirit which is one of the most famous churches of Goa built in 1564. Also visit the old Goa to experience the rural edge of Goan lifestyle. The laterite sculpture of Saint Mirabai in Goa is known as the tallest laterite sculpture of India. The Menezes Braganza House in Chandor is another interesting place to visit. It was built in the 17th century and contains a small chapel that has the relics of St. Francis Xavier.